Floral art is growing in popularity as more of us become interested in the natural world and the use of natural plants and materials to decorate our homes. There are floral art clubs across Scotland welcoming people of all ages.
We support attendance through awarding small grants to cover the costs of the flowers as well as providing additional resources onsite to support the creation of their displays.
The Scottish Association of Flower Arrangement Societies (SAFAS) will once again demonstrate their flower arranging skills with a series of fantastic exhibits. The theme of this year’s display will be “Flower Arranging Through The Ages”. A full list of 2019 competing clubs can be viewed below.
2019 Clubs competing were:
- Stirling & District Floral Art Club – ‘Greek & Roman’ (Bronze)
- Pitlochry Flower Club – ‘Edwardian & Art Nouveau’ (Bronze)
- East Kilbride Flower Club – ‘Egyptian’ (Silver Gilt)
- Kinross Floral Art Club – ‘Dutch Flemish’ (Gold)
- Linlthgow Floral Art Culb – ‘Chinese’ (Silver)
- Perth Flower Club – ‘Looking To The Future’ (Silver Gilt)
- Corstorphine Floral Art Club – ‘2000’ (Silver Gilt)
- Northern Lights – ‘Of The Moment’ (Gold)
- Mearns & Whitecraigs Flower Club – ‘1940’s & 1950’s’ (Silver)
- Paisley Flower Club – ‘Victorian’ (Silver Gilt)
- Inverurie & District Floral Arrangement Society ‘ 1920’s & 1930’s’ (Gold)
- Dunfermline Floral Art Club – ‘American Colonial’ (Silver)
- Cunninghame Flower Club – ‘1960’s’ (Bronze)
For more information on SAFAS and their work, visit their website at www.safas.org.uk